|Commitment||6 weeks of study, 6 - 8 hours / week.|
|Benefits||Technical vocabulary + Grammar + Pronunciation + Effective oral presentation + Agile Development + Professional Working Skills + Have CVs edited + Mock interviews + Job opportunities.|
|Instructors||They are software engineers, data scientists and directors from Google, Shopkick, Amazon, Microsoft and United Nation.|
|Prerequisite||No pre-requirement on English proficiency + Have passion in technology.|
|Date||June, 10 2017.|
|Address||131 Cau Giay, Yen Hoa, Cau Giay, Hanoi, Vietnam.|
|Materials||Authentic texts, videos and realistic tasks. Extra practice material, photocopiable activities and teachers notes are also available online.|
|Price||From 3.490.000 VND + 25% discount for learners who register before June, 8 2017.|
This course is designed for Vietnamese software engineers who may be technology experts but lack the English proficiency needed for career advancement in the global marketplace. In this course, students will explore the latest developments in the software industry through authentic texts and videos, while expanding their technical and semi-technical vocabulary, understanding basic grammar rules and improving their English pronunciation. Topics covered include, but not limited to, data structure, database systems, network and distributed systems, front-end and back-end processes and agile development.
In addition, the classroom environment will resemble one of top technology companies such as Google, Amazon, Houzz, or Microsoft. This will help students to get familiar with international and professional working environment. At the end of the course, students will have opportunities to have their CVs edited, do networking, and receive information about job opportunities with both Vietnamese and international information technology firms via PASS’s referral system.
The course aims to build a strong foundation that students need to speak confidently and effectively about technology and relevant topics. At the end of this course, students will:
- Improve English pronunciation to communicate more clearly.
- Gain a better understanding of English rhythm, stress, and intonation.
- Use grammatical structures and IT vocabulary appropriately.
- Discuss and respond to content of a reading or listening passage.
- Use communication strategies to participate in class discussions.
- Deliver an effective oral presentation.
- Speak English confidently in different situations such as talking with colleagues and clients and doing job interview.
- The course is 6 weeks long and consists of 24 hours of study.
- There are 6 hours of English club meetings, where students can speak with software engineers from Silicon Valley about various topics including latest technology, international working experiences, and job opportunities.
EXPECTATION FOR STUDENTS
- All students are expected to do all their homework and participate in class.
- No cell phone usage of any kind is permitted once the class has started.
|Ice Breaker||Iron Candidate||Captain America|
|Access to course materials|
|English club meetings|
|Have CVs edited|
|Earn a course certificate|
|Job referral to Vietnamese employers|
|Interview coaching with software engineers from Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft...|
|Remote job referral to US employers|
|Price||3.490.000 VND||5.490.000 VND||7.490.000 VND|
With Iron Candidate Package and Captain America Package, students will get interview coaching from software engineers from Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and Amazon. In addition, students will have opportunities to do networking, receive information about possible employment with both Vietnamese and international information technology firms via PASS’s referral system.
Our instructors will provide feedback on different aspects of an interview process. Students will be advised on how to handle an upcoming interview.
Don’t waste time and opportunities. We can help you tackle the most difficult technical questions at your next programming interview.
Immediate Results. During the coaching session, your interview coach will simulate a programming interview and provide on-the-spot coaching. At the end of the session, you’ll walk away with a strong study plan and pointers on how to solve common types of technical interview questions. Going into your interview, you’ll have more confidence and make a stronger impression — increasing your chances of getting an offer.
Personalized Advice. Don’t settle for off-the-shelf responses that you’ll find in a typical interview preparation book. We will tailor feedback to your experience.
End-to-End Service. We follow up with your applications until you get a job offer!
- Relevant listening comprehension.
- Relevant reading comprehension.
- Pair-work speaking practice.
- Role playing: speaking one-on-one with the instructor in the form of an interview or talking to colleagues / clients.
- 5-minute oral presentation about technical topics.
- Agile stand-up: the classroom environment will resemble one of top technology companies such as Google, Amazon, Houzz, or Microsoft. This will also help students to get familiar with international and professional working environment.
In each unit, students will be introduced to English phonetics and phonology, then learn how to pronounce consonants correctly. Students will develop necessary vocabulary on the topics though various activities including:
Section 1: Introduction to Class
Unit 1: Traits of a Software Engineer
Learn how to pronounce /i:/ and /ɪ/, /u:/ and /ʊ/ correctly.
Unit 2: Program Design and Computer Language
Learn how to pronounce /e/ and /æ/, /ɑ:/ and /ʌ/.
Unit 3: Web Design
Learn how to pronounce /ᴐ:/ and /ɒ/, /ɜ:/ and /ǝ/
Unit 4: Database
Learn how to pronounce /ıǝ/, /ʊǝ/ and /eǝ/
Unit 5: User Interface Design
Learn how to pronounce /eɪ/, /ᴐı/ and /aı/
Unit 6: Programming Teams
Learn how to pronounce /ǝʊ/ and /aʊ/, /p/ and /b/.
Unit 7: Project Management
Learn how to pronounce /t/ and /d/, /k/ and /g/
Unit 8: Presentation and Communication
Learn how to pronounce /f/ and/v/, /s/ and /z/.
Unit 9: Software Testing Objectives
Learn how to pronounce /θ/ and /ð/, /ʃ/ and /ȝ/.
Unit 10: Test Adequacy Criteria
Learn how to pronounce /tʃ/ and /dȝ/.
Unit 11: Work Ethics
Learn how to pronounce /m/, /n/ and /ŋ/, /h/ và /j/.
Unit 12: Career Prospects
Learn how to pronounce /l/, /w/ and /r/.